281 STRATFORD ROAD, SHIRLEY, SOLIHULL, B90 3AP
- Purpose built food store building of 34,024 sq ft gross internal area
- Includes dedicated multi-storey car park providing circa 215 spaces over three levels
- Highly prominent location on Stratford Road with circa 31,369 passing vehicles per day
- Total site area of circa 1.61 acres
- Offered to let or for sale of a freehold basis
- Site offers excellent potential for redevelopment for retail, residential or other uses
Freehold property offered for sale with vacant possession or to let. Significant redevelopment potential for retail, residential or other uses.
The property comprises a 1980s purpose built food store arranged over basement, ground and first floor levels. It has frontages to both Stratford Road and Solihull Road.
It is set within a site of approximately 1.61 acres and includes a three level multi-storey car park for circa 215 cars accessed from Solihull Road/ Sutherland Avenue.
The former police station site adjoining the property is currently being redeveloped into a block of 32 new luxury apartments that are due to be completed in 2020. This adjoins the recently developed Dove Tree Court Retirement Living complex. Aldi are also developing a new store on the opposite side of Stratford Road.
The property is located fronting both Stratford Road and Solihull Road in Shirley, which is a busy and affluent suburb located circa 5.5 miles south east of central Birmingham and approximately 2 miles to the east of Solihull town centre.
The heart of Shirley town centre is situated on Stratford Road, directly to the north of the subject property. This busy north-south thoroughfare has circa 31,369 vehicle movements per day (Source: DfT). The new Parkgate Shopping Centre 400 metres north of the property opened in 2014 and is anchored by an Asda supermarket and has a range of occupiers including Prezzo and Pizza Express.
Solihull Retail Park is located approximately 1 km to the south with occupiers including Sainsbury’s, Marks & Spencer and B&Q.