LAND AT ROSCOMMON WAY, CANVEY ISLAND, ESSEX, SS8 0PT
- Previously undeveloped site of circa 27.78 acres (11.24 hectares)
- Offered for sale unconditionally or subject to planning
- Site offers excellent potential for residential development based on emerging Local Plan allocation
- Forms the majority of the island site bounded by Roscommon Way, Canvey Road and Northwick Road
- Located on the western edge of Canvey Island with open fields to the west
- Morrison’s supermarket and Canvey Island Retail Park are situated to the south
Freehold site of 27.8 acres offered for sale unconditionally or subject to planning
Significant potential for large residential development and other uses
The subject property forms the majority of the large triangular island site bounded by Roscommon Way, Canvey Road and Northwick Road.
The site is previously undeveloped and is currently formed of open fields.
New accesses to the site would need to be formed as part of its development, most probably where it abuts Canvey Road.
Canvey Island is located circa 30 miles east of London and 5 miles west of Southend-on-Sea.
It is an island on the north of the Thames Estuary in the County of Essex. It is separated from the mainland of South Essex by a network of creeks and waterways.
The subject site is situated on the western edge of Canvey Island to the east of Roscommon Way, which leads directly to the bridges at South Benfleet that link the island to the mainland.
It is situated in an attractive location with protected open space to the west, including RSPB West Canvey Marsh.
Morrison’s supermarket is situated to the south on the opposite side of Northwick Road, adjacent to Canvey Island Retail Park which is occupied by an M&S Foodhall, B&M, Sports Direct and Costa.